School Improvement Priorities
School Improvement Priorities 2019
Rationale: In order to improve the education provided by our school we will be focusing on improving the following areas:
Quality of Education:
- To ensure that the school curriculum intent and implementation are embedded securely and consistently across the school.
- To ensure that series of lessons in every subject contribute well to delivering the curriculum intent.
- To further develop the teaching of spelling.
- To increase the number of children working at Greater Depth in writing (particularly boys).
- To continue to meet or exceed the national percentage of children achieving Greater Depth in Year 2 for combined reading, writing and Maths.
- To ensure that the curriculum is successfully adapted to meet the needs of pupils with SEND, developing their knowledge, skills and abilities to apply what they know and can do with increasing fluency and independence.
Behaviour and Attitudes:
- To ensure that the core values: Love, Trust and Truth are embedded across the school.
- Curriculum provision is effective in ensuring that children feel safe at all times.
- To develop a strong ‘international ethos’ and an understanding of how we can all contribute to our school, village and global community - empowering children to become active global citizens.
- To build on the success of our travel initiatives and achieve the Gold Modeshift Stars Award.
- To further increase attendance for all groups.
- To review the impact of HeartSmart across the school (building character, emotional health and resilience, improving Mental Health, Relationships and Academic Achievement).
- To continue to offer a range of sporting opportunities to children across the school.
- To continue to offer enrichment opportunities for the more able pupils.
- To further develop the role of the Planet Protectors across the school.
- To further develop the School Council in championing the pupil voice.
Leadership and Management:
- For all leaders at all levels to further develop their impact on raising standards in teaching and learning.
- To ensure that the Pupil Premium, Sports and SEN funding delivers good outcomes for pupils.
- Governors carry out their strategic role in holding leaders to account.
- Governors are committed to their own development.
- To ensure that there is a continued focus on ensuring that children acquire a wider vocabulary.
- To further develop challenge within the outdoor learning environment that supports the intent of an ambitious, coherently planned and sequenced curriculum.